Monday, August 13, 2012

How I found low-carb, The not so Secret

I'd heard of low carbohydrate eating plans (diet just isn't the right word for me) before.
However, the whole idea of low-carb was beyond my grasp; I think I had a better understanding of the Large Hadron Collider than the subject of carbohydrates, insulin and fat.
Blood chemistry and metabolic processes were likewise beyond my reach.
Add to that, the notion that bread and, my favorite, pasta were keeping me bulked up. Pile on the fact that my health-motivated intake of fruit (brimming with more calories) was making things worse, not better. Finally, huge infusions of high fructose corn syrup in everything from soda to salad dressing were sealing my obesity!
I had become a walking disaster and had been on the same sad path for over 50 years!
Something had to change... and, finally, it did!

No comments:

Post a Comment